A compliance letter is a document from planning and building divisions outlining the proposed use of a property and whether or not it currently meets zoning and building regulations. You can request a Building and Zoning Compliance letter from the City of Cambridge.

Before applying for a building permit for any proposed work to a non-complying building it is strongly recommended that you apply for legal non-conforming status through a Legal Non-conforming Use Verification Application.

Learn about the City's Zoning By-laws and how to apply for amendments.

If your building project does not comply with the zoning by-law please contact us for help.