Work resources for business
Outdoor Watering Restrictions» Found in Transportation & Public Works
Stage 2 Water Restrictions
The Water Conservation By-law is in effect from May 31 to September 30, annually.
Watering days are based on the last digit in your municipal address/house number. All watering must take place between the restricted hours of 5:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
If your address ends in:
|0 or 1 your watering day is:||Monday|
|2 or 3||Tuesday|
|4 or 5||Wednesday|
|6 or 7||Thursday|
|8 or 9||Friday|
*Time Restrictions for ALL watering: 5:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. -11:00 p.m.
- Residents are permitted to irrigate gardens, trees, shrubs and other outdoor plants on alternate days. Municipal addresses ending in even numbers are permitted to water gardens, etc. on even-numbered dates of the month and odd addresses may water gardens on odd-numbered dates within the time restrictions.
- The washing of cars with a controlled hose (with a shutoff valve attached) will be permitted on alternate days within the time restrictions.
- Topping up of permanent residential pools is allowed on alternate days within the time restrictions.
- Residents with new sod or seed must obtain a sign from the Region by calling 519.575.4495. This sign entitles watering anytime for the first 24 hours after planting, watering during the time restrictions for each of the following six days and then watering during the time restrictions on alternate days from day 8 through day 14 after planting.
- Watering with a watering can is permitted on any day.