The City of Cambridge offers several facilities, halls, rooms, sports fields and arenas for booking or rental to the public. In order to book one of the facilities you must first register as a client. Client information collected includes your name, address, phone number and date of birth. Once these details have been gathered you will be provided with client ID and PIN numbers which may be used to book/pay for any bookings.
Please note - Allocations for sports fields and outdoor facilities are booked in the following priority order:
- Community based minor sports organizations - prior year use.
- Special Events of National, Provincial or Regional significance.
- Existing contractual agreements, lease and tenant arrangements (where applicable).
- Municipal specific use.
- Community based adult sports organizations - prior year use.
- Waterloo Regional School Boards.
- Community based minor sports organizations - new requests.
- Community based adult sports organizations - new requests.
- Any other community based request.
- Non community based minor sports organizations
- Non community based adult sports organizations
You may also search online for rental locations.
There are multiple arenas available for ice rentals in the City of Cambridge. Arenas rentals are also open for non-ice events, such as lacrosse and floor hockey, in the summer months.
Ice rentals rates are based on peak and non-peak hours.
Monday to Friday, 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Monday to Sunday, 11:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight
|Peak hour rates|
Youth prime time rates apply from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. 7 days a week during July and August.
|Non-peak hour rates|
|Non-ice event rates|
We also offer a discount of 50 per cent for ice rentals on the Saturday and Sunday of the Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Day, and Labour Day long weekends.
There are multiple indoor and outdoor pools available for rent in the City of Cambridge. Pool rentals are available evenings, weekends and weekdays depending on programming.
Pools can be rented for $94.11 per hour. Lifeguards are at an additional cost based on the number of people in your booking. The lifeguard rate is $29.85 per hour.
|Number of people in booking||Lifeguard|
City of Cambridge swim admission standards apply.
Halls and meeting rooms
There are also a number of banquet halls, meeting rooms and convention centres available for rent from the City.
Hall and room details
Details and rules for hall and room rentals for Hespeler and Preston arena halls include:
- Hall rental times are from 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Monday to Sunday. Wedding receptions may start at 10:00 a.m.
- You can purchase liability insurance. (Contact us for more details)
- You must have one Smart Certified bartender for an event. One bartender is required per 125 people. (Smart Serve certification is preferred but not a must for monitors of the event)
- A 50 per cent deposit is due within 14 days of booking a hall. See below for rental rates.
- The balance of the rental cost is due 14 days before the scheduled event.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the event will result in no return of your deposit; between 30 to 60 days before your event will get you back 50 per cent of the deposit; over 60 days before the event will get you the full deposit back.
- Rental costs for non-alcohol events (Sunday to Thursday) vary depending on attendance numbers. Prices start at $40.10 per hour.
- We offer a reduced rate of $86.98 for a 5-hour rental, Sunday to Thursday, for non-profit groups. Your group must apply for this rate.
- Our PA system is available for minor hockey and seminars. This is free.
|Hespeler Arena Hall|
The banquet hall at Hespeler Arena can fit a capacity of 350 people.
|Preston Auditorium Hall|
The banquet hall at the Preston Auditorium can fit a capacity of 175 people.
There are several rooms available for rent at Cambridge City Hall.
Learn more about City Hall.
|Meeting and boardrooms|
View all of our available meeting and boardrooms.
Mill Race Park
Mill Race Park is the only park in Cambridge that you can reserve for weddings and pictures. All other parks are available on a first come, first serve basis.
|Service||Price||Amount of time|
|Pictures only||$50.83||45 minutes|
|Wedding service only||$253.27||1.5 hours|
|Wedding service and pictures||$304.09||2.25 hours|
Read more about the parks in Cambridge.
To inquire about availability of any of the above facilities, please call (519) 740-4681 ext. 4235. A Facility Clerk will gladly assist you with your inquiry.