Visit the City of Cambridge Economic Development website Invest Cambridge for all your economic development needs. Highlights of what we do can be found below.
Located in the middle of Toronto-Waterloo Innovation Corridor, and within an hour drive of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), the City of Cambridge is a great place to do business. Our Economic Development Division supports local businesses and economic growth through a number of programs and services.
What can the Economic Development Division do for you?
The Economic Development Division sells industrial land, works with the Waterloo Economic Development Corporation (Waterloo EDC) as well as many other business related activities including:
- Continued involvement with the Waterloo EDC, with emphasis on external marketing, business investment attraction and foreign direct investment
- Continued involvement in land sale activity for local expansion and growth
- Assists small businesses through promotion, marketing and awareness
- Markets and promotes our core areas for retail development and building our commercial base
- Organizes special projects to recognize businesses and increase awareness of our community strengths
What makes Cambridge great? A few highlights of the City of Cambridge include:
- Being a North American transportation hub
- Having skilled labour
- Being a good place to invest
- Having an entrepreneurial and diverse economy
- Being a green entrepreneurial city
- Being a safe and family-friendly community
Learn about City of Cambridge business licence requirements.