What Can the Economic Development Division Do for You?
In addition to some of the traditional roles and functions of the Economic Development Office in the past, such as selling industrial land and involvement in Canada's Technology Triangle (CTT), the new Economic Development function will be broadened and its new mandate and role includes the following:
- Continued involvement and support for Canada's Technology Triangle, with emphasis on external marketing and business investment attraction.
- Continued involvement in land sale activity for local expansion of existing business and new investment growth and so forth.
- Continued involvement in servicing of industrial land and subdivisions in the L.G. Lovell and Cambridge Business Parks.
- Assistance and support to small business and existing business through promotion, marketing and awareness.
- Marketing, promotion and assistance to Core Areas, for retail/office development and enhancement of the commercial base.
- Organizing and participating in special projects, aimed at recognizing business, increasing awareness and building on the strengths of the community.
The information in the Economic Development section of the website will assist you with your business needs.
- A North American Transportation hub
- An area rich in Skilled Labor workforce
- The best place to invest
- Entrepreneurial & Home to a Diverse Economy
- A Green entrepreneurial city
- A Safe and Family-friendly community
For information on business license information visit Business Licensing
The Corporate Sustainability Plan (CSP) is an overarching, umbrella document that guides the Corporation of the City of Cambridge's actions to implement the existing and future City Master Plans and Strategic Plans. At the forefront of the planning process is the City's intent to sustainably implement its suite of existing Master and Strategic Plans that have been adopted by Council, before recommending new sustainability initiatives.
For the City of Cambridge Corporate Sustainability Plan visit Corporate Sustainability Plan (CSP)