There are many volunteer opportunities in the following areas:
- 50+ Recreation Centres
- Adult Day Services
- Cambridge Centre for the Arts
- Special Events
- Summer Playgrounds and Day Camps
- Neighbourhood Associations
- Friendly Visiting Program
- Inclusion Services
How to Get Involved
Current Volunteer Opportunities List
Complete an online Volunteer Application Form. Staff will review your application and be in contact with you regarding an interview and other screening procedures.
For further information on Volunteering review our Volunteer Information Sheet or email us at email@example.com or call 519.740.4681 ext. 4603
Benefits of Volunteering
- Gain personal satisfaction that results from working with us towards building strong and vibrant recreation and leisure programs and services
- Contribute your knowledge and skills in a valuable and meaningful way
- Develop new knowledge and skills such as leadership, event management, fund-raising, public speaking, media relations, book keeping and interpersonal relations
- Meet new people and build friendships in your community
- Have fun!
- Enjoy a sense of accomplishment from setting and meeting goals
What We Provide
- Screening, orientation and training, including job descriptions and volunteer resource information.
- Ongoing skill development.
- Regular volunteer recognition and training.
- Ongoing support and guidance from Community Services Staff and Volunteers.
How to Become an LIT (Leader-in-Training) Volunteer
Applications for the 2015 Leader-In-Training program are no longer being accepted as all 2015 LIT spots have been filled. If you are interested in becoming an LIT, please apply next year. Thanks!
Online LIT application LIT Application Form
Questions may be directed to Andrew Pronk at (519) 740-4681 ext. 4331, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
For City Green volunteer opportunities please click here
Cambridge Waters programs and education click here
City of Cambridge Advisory Boards and Committee click here
Volunteer Canada - www.volunteer.ca
Volunteer Cambridge - www.uwcambridge.on.ca
Now a service of the United Way of Cambridge and North Dumfries.
Contact Volunteer Cambridge for information on volunteering with other organizations or agencies eg. Big Brothers.
519.621.1030 ext. 229
150 Main Street, 2nd floor, Cambridge, ON N1R 6P9
Greg Durocher, President & CEO of the Cambridge Chamber of Commerce, speaks to the benefits of engaging in Community volunteerism. Have a look at why we need you and visit the United Way of Cambridge and North Dumfries to learn more about other volunteer opportunities.
Thank you for considering being a City of Cambridge volunteer!