Each summer the City offers a dynamic, affordable opportunity for children to grow and discover over the summer months through the Cambridge Community Assisted Summer Playground Program. City of Cambridge staff and neighbourhood committees work together to deliver a community-focused program that provides an exciting daytime program for children 3-12 years of age.
Playgrounds offer an opportunity for children to enjoy crafts, sports, music, games, and trips to fun destinations, while making friends, having fun and enhancing their interpersonal skills. All programs are led by leaders who are trained in High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development and Standard First-Aid. Leaders are also Police screened and supported by volunteer Leaders-in-Training.
HIGH FIVE, is a province-wide quality assurance program that provide resources, tools and training to help providers of children's recreation programs measure and improve the quality of their programs. HIGH FIVE training helps ensure our programs are child-focused, age appropriate, safe and fun!
2013 Playground Dates
Tuesday, July 2 - Friday, August 9, 2013
No program on Canada Day, July 1 and August 5 - Civic Holiday
Week 1 - July 2-5
Week 2 - July 8-12
Week 3 - July 15-19
Week 4 - July 22-26
Week 5 - July 29-Aug.2
Week 6 - Aug. 6-9
Registration for the 2013 season begins on March 23. Sites are offered at over 34 locations across the city. There is bound to be a program running close to you this summer! Click here to find out where things are happening and how to register:
What you need to know when registering your child:
- All programs and program locations are subject to change without notice.
- Children must be toilet trained prior to program registration.
- At registration you will be required to provide the following information: birth date; address; email; phone numbers (home/business/cell) of parents or guardian and an alternative contact; any medical or allergy information of which we should be aware, and any accommodations/supports required.
Check out what all the excitement is about!
Blair Road Summer Playground
Carrefour Soleil Playground
Silverheights NA Playground
St Vincent de Paul Playground
If your child requires accommodation or support to participate in a children's program, assistance may be available through the City's Inclusion Services area. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
If your child subsidy to participate in a children's program, assistance may be available, please call 519-740-4681 for more information.
Forms and Information
Information for you and forms for you to provide information to us
- Sign-In/Out and Non-Parent Pick-Up - form to be filled out if your child will be dropped off or picked up by someone other than the parent or legal guardian.
- Allergy/Epi-Pen - Form to be completed if your child has an allergy condition and /or will be brining an Epi-Pen to camp.
- Peanut Policy - All parents are reminded the Playgrounds have a restricted peanut/peanut products Policy.
- Parent Program Evaluation - will be available in June.
- Parent Information Package - will be available in June.
How to Become an LIT (Leader-in-Training) Volunteer
Due to the large number of applications received, the LIT program is currently full for the 2013 summer. Thank you very much for your interest, and we hope you will apply again for the summer of 2014.
Questions may be directed to Mike Sheremeta at firstname.lastname@example.org
|2013 summer playground info||document outlining the 2013 summer playground info||2013-02-26||PDF 190Kb|