Each summer the City offers a dynamic, affordable opportunity for children to grow and discover over the summer months through the Cambridge Community Assisted Summer Playground Program. City of Cambridge staff and neighbourhood committees work together to deliver a community-focused program that provides an exciting daytime program for children 3-12 years of age.
Playgrounds offer an opportunity for children to enjoy crafts, sports, music, games, and trips to fun destinations, while making friends, having fun and enhancing their interpersonal skills. All programs are led by leaders who are trained in High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development and Standard First-Aid. Leaders are also Police screened and supported by volunteer Leaders-in-Training.
HIGH FIVE, is a province-wide quality assurance program that provide resources, tools and training to help providers of children's recreation programs measure and improve the quality of their programs. HIGH FIVE training helps ensure our programs are child-focused, age appropriate, safe and fun!
2014 Playground Dates
Monday, June 30 - Friday, August 8, 2014
No program on Canada Day (July 1) and Civic Holiday (Aug. 4)
Week 1 - June 30 - July 4
Week 2 - July 7 - 11
Week 3 - July 14 - 18
Week 4 - July 21 - 25
Week 5 - July 28 - Aug. 1
Week 6 - Aug. 4 - 8
Registration for the 2014 season begins on Feb. 25. Sites are offered at over 34 locations across the city. There is bound to be a program running close to you this summer! Find out where things are happening and how to register
What you need to know when registering your child:
- All programs and program locations are subject to change without notice.
- Children must be toilet trained prior to program registration.
- At registration you will be required to provide the following information: birth date; address; email; phone numbers (home/business/cell) of parents or guardian and an alternative contact; any medical or allergy information of which we should be aware, and any accommodations/supports required.
Check back soon!
If your child requires accommodation or support to participate in a children's program, assistance may be available through the City's Inclusion Services area. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
If your child subsidy to participate in a children's program, assistance may be available, please call 519-740-4681 for more information.
Forms and Information
Information for you and forms for you to provide information to us
- Sign-In/Out and Non-Parent Pick-Up - form to be filled out if your child will be dropped off or picked up by someone other than the parent or legal guardian.
- Allergy/Epi-Pen - Form to be completed if your child has an allergy condition and /or will be brining an Epi-Pen to camp.
- Peanut Policy - All parents are reminded the Playgrounds have a restricted peanut/peanut products Policy.
- Parent Program Evaluation - will be available in June.
- Parent Information Package - will be available in June.
2014 Summer Playground Registration Form
How to Become an LIT (Leader-in-Training) Volunteer
Leader-in-Training (LIT) Program - LIT volunteers act as assistants to Leaders at Summer Playground and Day Camp sites for two or more weeks during July and August. It is an exciting and rewarding experience appropriate for those who enjoy working with children. Training and regular feedback provided. Volunteer hours worked count towards completing Community Involvement activities required for Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
- Youth 13-15 years of age may apply (must be a minimum of 13 years of age by start date of the program)
- LEAD (Leadership Excellent Asset Development) training is an asset
- Must participate in mandatory LIT training before being placed on site