Bernice Adams Award
Cultural Awards Committee
The Cultural Awards Committee administers the distribution of awards and expenses of the Bernice Adams Memorial Fund for scholarships and bursaries to deserving, qualified persons to assist in furthering their development in the fields of arts and culture. The Committee also sponsors the Annual Bernice Adams Memorial Awards, to honour the achievements of individuals and groups in Cambridge in the following categories: Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Music, Communications/Literary Arts, and Outstanding Youth. When appropriate, a Special Trustees Award is presented to an individual or group.
Bernice Adams Memorial Awards Criteria
Recognition is provided to individuals/groups who, for a minimum of 3 years prior to the awards event, have been:
- a resident of Cambridge or,
- employed in Cambridge or,
- an associate member or student of a relevant group/school in the City of Cambridge
The award recipients will have made a significant contribution in or for Cambridge, in at least two of the following areas within their category:
- in the field of education, related to the category;
- used their talents as a volunteer for the benefit of others in the community;
- created personally or as a leader of a group work that has received acclaim, locally, provincially, or nationally;
- is responsible for major improvement or development related to the category
The 34th Annual Bernice Adams Memorial Awards Night Gala is Friday May 27th, 2016, at Cambridge City Hall.
Doors open at 6:30 pm. Tickets will go on sale in April.
This Year's Featured Show Artists: Amar Bhuee, Janine Foertsch, Donna Stewart, Kim Turner, Cambridge Live Music
Congratulations to the 2016 Bernice Adams Memorial Award Finalists:
- Waterloo Region Record Communications/Literary Arts: Shelley Byers, Jennifer Davidson, Sandra Sydor
- Music Arts: Eric Bolton, Rachel Cleland, Kristi Coleman-Dorland, Adriana Verdonk, Kelly Williamson
- Outstanding Youth: Taylor Dziedzic, Holly Galloway, Tristan Hopkins
- Performing Arts: Bill Kirby, Carolyn Lambert
- Visual: Kari Melhus Mullin, Laura Cook, Fashion History Museum, Carol Kelly, Heather Kocsis
- Special Trustee: Doné Katsorov (Danny the Barber)
The Cultural Awards Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2017 awards. Nominations close February 28, 2017.
Bernice Adams Memorial Awards Nomination Form
Bernice Adams Memorial Awards Guideline Info
Bernice Adams Memorial Awards Hall of Fame
Bernice Adams Memorial Scholarship Criteria
The Cultural Awards Committee administers the Bernice Adams Memorial Awards Scholarship Program to all secondary schools within Cambridge. It is provided to deserving and eligible students to assist in furthering their education in the arts and culture fields.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a student must:
- Have excelled in the arts at their school;
- Be in grade 12 or a grade 12 graduate;
- Show intent to continue onto Post Secondary Education in the fields of music, visual arts, performing arts, communications or literary arts.
The scholarship recipients are determined by Cambridge Secondary Schools themselves. Scholarship presentations are made during each school's annual Commencement exercises.
Bernice Adams Memorial Awards Bursary Form
If you have any questions regarding the Cultural Awards Committee or the Bernice Adams Memorial Awards Program, please contact 519. 740.4681, ext. 4565 or email@example.com